Friday, June 12, 2009

My Malacanang Experience

Malacanang Palace holds so much of our history. I was in awe while I walked through the residential halls. I would have loved to go to every room but it's restricted. I was invited to the Palace to lend my makeup services to some members of the first family for an Independence Day celebration. Politics aside, The Arroyo's are wonderful people right down to the President's grandchildren who were very smart and quite the conversationalists. My favorite was 5 year old Evie the daughter of Dato and Kakai Arroyo who loves curly hair and pink lipstick so, we got along well perfectly. Not everyone has a chance to see this grand palace and I consider myself lucky to have gotten such a prestigious gig. Let me share a few stolen shots from my blackberry.
beautiful paintings on walls
entrance

colored glass sky light ( below this was a courtyard that had a garden)



red carpeted hallways


beautiful chandeliers adorned every room


framed maps of the Philippines


painting of former first lady Imelda Marcos on the right ( I think)



our meal in gold plated decorated china with the Presidential seal ( burgers were yummy!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment